Congress leader Ashok Gehlot alleged that strict action had not been because BJP leaders had been named in connection with the paper leak. File
| Photo Credit: ANI
Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday (May 22, 2026) criticised the National Testing Agency (NTA) over its handling of the alleged NEET-UG paper leak issue, calling the agency’s stand “irresponsible” despite the cancellation of the examination.
Mr. Gehlot said NTA Chairman Pradeep Joshi had told a Parliamentary Committee that he did not believe the NEET paper had been leaked.
Also Read | PM, Education Minister must be held accountable for ‘cover up’: Congress on NTA claims on NEET exam
“On one hand, the NTA itself has cancelled the examination, while on the other hand, its Chairman is giving such irresponsible statements,” Mr. Gehlot said.
He alleged that despite protests across the country, including a Congress demonstration in Jaipur on Thursday (May 21), the BJP government and administration were “still in deep sleep”.
Referring to the protest organised by the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee in Jaipur, Mr. Gehlot said thousands of people had gathered to protest against the alleged irregularities in the examination.
The Congress leader alleged that strict action had not been because BJP leaders had been named in connection with the paper leak.
“Usually BJP governments send bulldozers immediately in every matter, but no strict action has been taken so far in the NEET paper leak case because BJP leaders have been caught,” he alleged.
Mr. Gehlot further claimed that the alleged leak was being protected by “senior BJP and Government leaders” and attempts were being made to suppress the matter.
Published – May 22, 2026 04:50 pm IST




