Man who allegedly stabbed girlfriend, then himself in West End arraigned from hospital bed

Man who allegedly stabbed girlfriend, then himself in West End arraigned from hospital bed

Local News

Daudy Martinez has been previously convicted on multiple assault charges.

Police tape off the site of a double stabbing on Causeway Street near North Station on Aug. 13, 2026. Ariela Lopez for The Boston Globe

A man who allegedly stabbed his girlfriend and then himself in the West End was arraigned from his hospital bed Monday. 

Daudy Martinez, 51, pleaded not guilty to one count of armed assault to murder, one count of assault and battery on a family or household member (subsequent offense), one count of assault and battery on a family or household member, and four counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon in Boston Municipal Court via Zoom Monday, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office. 

On Aug. 13, Boston police received a report of a stabbing in progress at 55 Causeway St., prosecutors said in court.

When officers arrived, they found a victim screaming, with blood running down her face and leg, a prosecutor reading from a police report during the arraignment said.

After being transported to Massachusetts General Hospital, the victim told police she and Martinez were arguing when he pushed her to the ground and stabbed her at least four times, the prosecutor said, citing the police report. The victim is still recovering, the prosecutor said.

Police were directed to inside a nearby restaurant, where they found the suspect, who was wielding a knife, police wrote in their report that was read from in court. He began stabbing himself and slashing his throat, but dropped the knife when police threatened to deploy their tasers, police wrote.

Martinez was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, where he still remains, although the current status of his condition was not released.

Police recovered video that shows that Martinez stopped stabbing the victim, 44, when a woman pulled him off of her, officers wrote in the report. The victim sustained stab wounds on her forehead, left hand, behind her left leg, and in the area of her chin and neck, police said.

Martinez was previously convicted of assault and battery on a family or household member. He was also previously convicted twice for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and five prior restraining orders issued against him, prosecutors said.

Martinez is being held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing set for Wednesday, according to court documents.

An attorney for Martinez did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday afternoon.

Sign up for the Today newsletter

Get everything you need to know to start your day, delivered right to your inbox every morning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *