Local News
Prosecutors say the 19-year-old smashed through a glass door before assaulting her former boyfriend’s parents.
A 19-year-old Roslindale woman is accused of breaking into her former boyfriend’s home with a baseball bat, assaulting his parents, and rummaging through an upstairs bedroom, according to prosecutors.
Alyssah G. Harrison pleaded not guilty Wednesday in West Roxbury Municipal Court to charges of home invasion, assault with a dangerous weapon, assault and battery, and malicious destruction of property, The Boston Globe reported, citing information from Suffolk District Attorney Kevin Hayden’s office.
Around 1 p.m. on July 22, police were called to a property near Highcrest Road and Highcrest Terrace after a resident reported that a woman was inside his home vandalizing it, according to the Globe.
The man told police he and his wife were home when Harrison, whom they recognized as their son’s former girlfriend, arrived at their front door and swung an aluminum baseball bat that shattered a glass screen before entering the house, according to officials.
When the couple approached Harrison, she allegedly pushed the woman and punched her in the face, prosecutors said. Harrison then allegedly threatened the couple while holding the bat in a “cocked position” before heading upstairs.
The couple told police they heard Harrison rummaging through drawers in a second-floor bedroom. Their son later told investigators he believed Harrison had been trying to access money kept in an upstairs safe, according to the Globe.
The husband left the home to contact security while his wife confronted Harrison upstairs. The two women got into a physical altercation before Harrison fled, prosecutors said. The couple declined medical attention.
“It’s not hard to imagine the fear these homeowners must have experienced when their peaceful day at home was suddenly turned chaotic and violent by an armed intruder,” Hayden said in a statement obtained by the Globe.
Harrison was released on personal recognizance and ordered to comply with a restraining order and stay away from the home, the alleged victims, and witnesses, according to the report.
Harrison is due back in court for a pretrial hearing on Oct. 2.
Sign up for the Today newsletter
Get everything you need to know to start your day, delivered right to your inbox every morning.
