A group of hugely popular golf YouTubers have issued a grovelling apology after appearing in a controversial advert which sparked accusations of depicting violence against women.
Good Good, whose YouTube channel boasts more than two million subscribers, removed the promotional video following an angry reaction from golf fans online.
The clip had been produced to advertise Callaway’s new Quantum driver and featured Good Good personalities Alexis Miestowski and Garrett Clark.
What began with Miestowski reaching into Clark’s golf bag to take out the new club quickly took a dramatic turn.
Clark was shown charging across the tee box before shoving his colleague to the ground.
Miestowski could be heard yelping as she fell before Clark stood over her and warned: “Do not touch my new driver.”
The scene triggered immediate criticism, with viewers questioning how the concept had been approved and arguing the attempt at humour was inappropriate.
Callaway and Good Good subsequently removed the advert as the backlash intensified.
A group of hugely popular golf YouTubers have issued a grovelling apology after appearing in a controversial advert which sparked accusations of depicting violence against women
|
X/GOODGOOD_GOLF
One critic described it as “one of the most tone-deaf and frankly disgusting adverts you will see”, while another questioned how the video had survived the various stages required before publication.
Others expressed concern about the message it sent to female golfers.
One viewer wrote: “They didn’t just create an ad that makes golf non-inclusive to women, but it endorses violence against women in the scariest and most threatening way.”
Another added: “Hands down one of the worst & embarrassing ads ever made & released.”
Ah man, someone must have accidentally deleted the post. Don’t worry Good Good, I’ll reupload your @CallawayGolf ad! pic.twitter.com/I4GwzBmUOJ
— Jay Don Takes (@Skulledwedge) August 22, 2026
Good Good has now acknowledged the criticism and apologised for publishing material it says failed to represent the organisation’s principles.
“We posted a video to our channels that ultimately depicted actions that are not aligned with our values as a brand,” a statement read.
“We have since taken that content down, and sincerely apologise.
“Good Good has always stood for making the game of golf more inclusive to all, and we will continue to ensure that is our mission moving forward.”
The apology did not entirely extinguish the controversy.
One response questioned at what stage those involved had decided the advert was inconsistent with Good Good’s values, pointing to the planning, filming, production and approval that would have taken place before its release.
The PGA Tour also condemned the golf advert
|
X/GOODGOOD_GOLF
The row has also prompted a response from the PGA Tour, which distanced itself from the deleted footage.
“The PGA Tour believes in golf’s ability to bring people together and create a welcoming environment for all,” a spokesperson said.
“We do not condone violence in any form, and the since-deleted video does not reflect our values or commitment to inclusivity and respect.”
Good Good was founded in 2020 and has developed into one of golf’s biggest online content brands, attracting millions of subscribers with challenges, matches and entertainment involving its roster of creators.
