This image is used for representational purposes only.
| Photo Credit: PTI
Security forces on Sunday (February 22, 2026) neutralised two terrorists in a firefight in the upper reaches of Kishtwar district in the Chenab Valley.
The Army said the forces displayed tactical precision, seamless synergy and resolute aggression and troops dominated the encounter site. “Two terrorists have been successfully neutralised. War-like stores, including two AK-47 rifles, have also been recovered,” the Army said.
Earlier in the day, security forces encircled a group of terrorists. The Army said security forces re-engaged the terrorists today at approximately 11 a.m. in challenging terrain. “The hunt continues and those seeking to disturb peace will find no sanctuary,” the Army said.
The troops had cordoned off the area as the operation began.
Under Operation Trashi-I, which was launched in January against terrorists active in Kishtwar’s Chatroo belt, a joint operation was launched on Sunday, the Army said.
“Troops of the White Knight Corps, along with J&K Police and CRPF, in a joint operation, established contact with terrorists,” the Army said.
Kishtwar district reported more than four major gunfights this year. One soldier was killed on January 18 and a terrorist was gunned down on February 4 in two separate encounters in the district, which has many of J&K’s high mountain passes.
Published – February 22, 2026 11:57 am IST